Permanently Delete File Downloads From iTunes Download Queue
Today morning I was trying to download a HD video and realized that I had clicked on a wrong link. I cancelled the download and deleted the file from iTunes, but to my surprise, the file again appears in my iTunes download queue. After a little research, I found that deleting those files from Libraries -> Music -> iTunes -> iTunes Media -> Downloads might help, but sadly even that didn’t help me out. Soon after that I emailed the Apple support team and found that users cannot permanently delete items from iTunes download queue and its just the support team from Apple can do that. So, if you have faced a situation like this and are looking to permanently delete files from iTunes download queue, follow the below steps.
How To Permanently Delete Files from iTunes Download Queue
- Visit the iTunes support page – http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact.html
- Find your Apple ID to which your downloads are linked to.
- Fill in all the details like Name, Email Address and your Apple ID.
- In the details section mention the files that you want to permanently delete from the iTunes download queue.
- Wait for a response from Apple, which will usually take around 24 hours.
- Now open iTunes to find that the requested items were permanently deleted from your iTunes download queue.
- FireCore Release aTV Flash (Black) v1.1.1 For Apple TV 2G With Expanded Subtitles Support and Other Improvements
- Download aTV Flash 1.6 With Integrated Subtitle Downloads
- Download iTunes 10.5.1 Beta 2 From Dev Center For Testing iTunes Match With Apple TV
- Download iFile v1.6.1-3 With New Updates and Bug Fixes
- Download iTunes 10.6.3 With iOS 6 Beta Support [Windows and Mac OS X]
- Direct Links to Download iTunes 10.5 Final For Windows and Mac
- Download iTunes 10.5.2 For Mac OS X And Windows [Direct Links]
- Download Rackspace Cloud iOS App To Manage Rackspace Cloud Servers, Cloud Files and Cloud Load Balancers
- Download iCloud Control Panel for Windows
- Download Plex App For iOS Updated With New Features and Fixes